| A controversial dish, best not to serve it more than once a month.Ingredients1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, shredded
4 tomatoes, chopped or 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
3 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
| Serves four people
- Warm up some oil in a large pot and chuck in the veg. SautÃ© till theyâ€™re nice and soft.
- Add basil and tomatoes and stir till the tomatoes have softened.
- Whack the whole lot into a blender and give it a good whiz till itâ€™s as lumpy, or un-lumpy as you like it.
- Put it back into the pot on a medium heat, add the stock and bring to the boil. Add salt and pepper as you like.
- Boil up the noodles and select a few to carefully hang over the side of the bowl into the soup
Served with a grumpy face, slapped on the table with a derisive snort, followed by a brief argument about the fact that â€˜nothing is wrongâ€™ and then floods of tears.